Monday, December 30, 2013

Music Christmas

The last few weeks have been crazy busy with me.. I had my final exams, I've been working almost every day since I finished exams, and of course, it's the Christmas season!

I got loads of great gifts this year. I got a ticket to Iceland Airwaves '14, which is the biggest music festival in Iceland. 
I went this year and it was probably the greatest five days of my life. They haven't announced any artists for next year but Airwaves is mostly for up-and-coming bands from all over the world to show what they've got. Each band can only perform on the festival once, except for the Icelandic bands. I really recommend you try to attend at least once. 

I got three vinyl records:

AM by Arctic Monkeys


One of my favourite albums at the moment, I think the band did a great job and it is probably one of their best ones yet.

Rocket to Russia by Ramones


I just love this album. I like every song on that album. Go Ramones.

We Built a Fire by Seabear


I had never heard of this band before. It's an Icelandic indie-folk band that my friend loves, and she gave me this album. I still need to really listen to it though, but it's very promising.

Last but not least, my best friend, Maria, gave me a book called 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die. As you might figure out, it is a lot of albums to listen to, but I will definitely do my best to listen to every one of it. I might to a weekly thing where I talk about each album, but still, that would take me almost twenty years to finish... (I probably won't talk about the bad albums, although I don't think there will be a lot of them on that list.) 

So that's it for now, I will try to be more active on here. 
Until then, happy new year and all that.

- Olive

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Blogroll

Read more: http://geeksgrave.blogspot.com/2013/05/auto-alt-tags-for-blogger.html#ixzz2ZAdNszan